Thursday, January 3, 2008

India - How COULD you??!!....!!

Well..here we have it folks. India's tourism folks have decided to stop accepting the dollar.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319807,00.html

My question is, why did they EVER accept the dollar? We don't take THEIR currency at our great tourism spots. I understand that many countries take our currency because we are such a financing force for their tourism markets, but it's OK if we have to exchange to trade. For example, I don't recall the heritage museum in Springfield offering rupees as an accepted currency for the non-compulsory donation box..

I think this is just an example of the media say Nyeah Nyeah Oh how the mighty have fallen..etc. etc. ad nauseum..

My take? Who CARES if India's tourism attractions don't take the dollar?

No comments: